NAHAI official website | Members area : Register | Sign in

I met one-handed rickshaw puller and I died with shame...

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Share this history on :
[From Deepshikha Shanker*, Mangalore University]
I met this guy who pulls rickshaw for a living and guess what I was never more ashamed about complaining on my status (complains about life)... I know most would kill for what I have while others would scorn, but this guy who lives by a rickshaw when he can beg and make better money.
 
Oh yes! I forgot to mention that he has just one hand.. So??? I found a new found dignity in lives of people who make their living every day...I have nothing more to say than that but i was not just ashamed of what he did, I was ashamed of why he had to resort to it... why he didn't have a system supporting his kind.. I don't know but will at least soon find out...
 
[*Deepshikha is now a journalist working with CNN-IBN, New Delhi]
 
Thank you for your vist. Have a question ? Contact on : lalmalsawm(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Please leave your comment below. Thank you and hope you enjoyed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment